Monday, November 25, 2013

Meet my friends, Peanut Butter and Chocolate

What a long weekend! I hate to complain but my god these children really wore me out! They had so.much.energy.  and I was so tired, impatient and cranky.  Good times!

Let me just go ahead and confess two things:  my children watched television and we all ate chocolate!

It started innocently enough..."Mommy" needed some breathing room so I resorted to TV. I put on a Christmas cartoon for the children while I checked the mail. Then I started browsing a magazine I got in the mail. And then,  I found a recipe for chocolate peanut butter truffles in one of RWF's magazines, of all places!  

Right about that time, I needed chocolate like an alcoholic needs a drink.  It was a bad craving that would not be ignored.  My head was pounding out a beat to, "choc.o.late. choc.o.late. choc.o.late." The recipe required chocolate, peanut butter, butter, sugar and a little bit of time. It sounded like an easy fix.

It is my humble opinion that peanut butter and chocolate are one of the greatest combinations of all time.

I turned off the TV. The children stopped grumbling once I announced that we would be making something. Bode and Gianna helped by mixing the butter, peanut butter and sugar together while I melted the chocolate.  I rolled the peanut butter mixture into (healthy sized) balls and then rolled them again in the melted chocolate.  It was very messy. ("You need to wash your hands, Mommy" Gianna admonished several times during my creation time.) It was soooo worth it.  And guess what? I ate them all (well, Gianna and Bode were given a small bite to taste).  They were delicious! And dare I say, I think I deserved them.  They helped me through a decidedly rough weekend. And, I'm already thinking about making them again.  I guess they were a little too easy to make (and consume). But how awesome would it be to have these yummies hanging out in my fridge all the time, for when life gets rough?

BFF, man.

I don't have any pics of the chocolate peanut butter truffles (because I ate them allllllll!). But here is a pic of a happy baby consuming a waffle:




And here is a pic of a happy baby driving his new car:


Here is a pic of a happy girl loving HopHop:



And here is a pic of a happy boy striking a (super hero) pose:



Bode is so funny. He saw me with my camera and said, "Take a picture of me, I'm a super hero!" and immediately got into this pose.

Happy Monday, friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment