Friday, September 27, 2013

The weekend

It's hard to believe that Nico is a year old!  He is so smart.  I know all parents say that about their kids, but this guy is just blowing us away with his smarts.  He wants to know what everything is, pointing to things and saying, "dat?" or, "that?" (okay, he doesn't say, "that" really, but it sounds like that is what he is saying!)  One thing he says for sure is "balloon," or "boon" thanks in large part to the dozen "boons" we have floating around the house since his birthday. Today he played peek-a-boo with just his hands, instead of hiding behind the curtain like he normally does. He was rubbing his eyes, and I said, "Where's Nico?"  and he removed his hands, smiling.  I said, "Peek-a-boo!" and he did it repeatedly, until he tired of the game.  And, the biggest news of all?  He is standing.  All by himself.  Not to be outdone by his sister, he stood up during her gymnastics class without any assistance, and has continued standing unaided ever since.



Next up, my baby has a birthday. And I mean, MAH BAYBEEEEE.   This one:






Yes, my little starter baby is going to be 5 years old.  FIVE!  As in, 12345.  How is that possible?  He continues to blow me away with his smarts, his love, and his smile.   We are celebrating this weekend. For his birthday decorations, Bode says that he wants: Cars, Buzz Lightyear, and Spiderman. Not to mention that he is currently obsessed with all things "Planes" too. "Oh, boy, I thought, "how do I pull that off without it looking like Disney/Pixar/Marvel exploded all over our kitchen?"  Oh, BOY.  Do I have a boy on my hands, or what?!  I love him like crazy.  I'll try to make it happen.

Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment