Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gianna's last day of school



Today we said goodbye to Miss Amy, Gianna's teacher.  It was very hard!  It was very hard for me.  Gianna doesn't seem affected by it.  She doesn't understand that she won't see Miss Amy again. I tried to talk to her this morning on the way to school, about saying goodbye but she quickly became bored with the conversation.

Miss Amy and I cried, giving each other hugs.  And then Miss Amy kneeled down and hugged Gianna one last time, saying, "Goodbye, sweet Gianna, I will miss you so much!" We promised to "keep in touch" as people often say in these hard farewells.

sigh.



This little girl has no idea how much her world is changing.  Hopefully she'll handle it well.

When I picked Bode up this afternoon from school, his teacher pulled me aside for a quick chat. She asked that I arrive 15 minutes early on Friday. She told me that the class will sing a "goodbye song" to Bode. She concluded, "Nothing overwhelming, just a little song to send him on his way. I don't want to make him emotional." "Or me,"  I retorted "You don't want to make me emotional."  She kind of laughed, looking surprised at my response.  Oh Miss Lynn, if only we had more time together, you would know that this is no laughing matter.

Friends, I'm now dreading Friday afternoon! 
Happy Tuesday Wednesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment