Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bode - 29 Months

Dear Bode,
If your 2nd year had a subtitle, I think it would be "CARS! CARS! CARS!" in neon flashing lights, just like how the Vegas strip advertises "Girls! Girls! Girls!".  You are obsessed with cars.  You race them along the back of the couch, around the dining table, in your crib, and everywhere else. I love eavesdropping on your dialogue about the cars.  I love that your cars always introduce themselves to each other before racing:  "Hey! I Lightning McQueen!" "Hey! I Ramone!"  "Vrooom!"  Our day is often punctuated with the sound of cars dropping on the floor, a sound that sometimes makes me cringe. When we go out, you typically have one car in each hand.  When you go to bed, we have to bring  a bunch of cars with us: Lightening McQueen, Ramone, Tow Mater, Sally, Sheriff, Mack, Construction (a generic construction car of your choice) and basically any other car you can get me to carry down to the bedroom. I don't know how you sleep with all of them, but you always do.


After a haircut.
You had your first visit to the dentist. In typical fashion, you were what I like to call "curiously calm" in a new situation. You did not freak out and refuse to open your mouth (as I had feared). You sat there calmly, opened your mouth, while your ears and eyes took in everything around you. You got to pick out a pair of sunglasses to wear while the dentist shined the bright light in your mouth to count your teeth. You got to pick out a surprise after the check-up. Guess what you picked out (see above if you need a clue!). After the appointment, you wore the sunglasses all day and only took them off to nap. You have ten perfect teeth on top and ten perfect teeth on bottom. Hopefully we will get a similar check-up in the next six months.
First Dental Exam
You enjoy hanging out with your daddy.  We have been going to the California Academy of Sciences, which has been a lot of fun for everyone.  But I think it is a "Bode and Daddy" event because you two hang out together and daddy loves telling you all about the exhibits we see.



Daddy is always thinking of ways to entertain, educate, and share things with you. He has a long list of things that he wants to do together. You are so lucky!

You are still regressing a little bit. You like to say, "I Gianna" and coo.  You might sit in her bouncy seat or in the Exersaucer (which is about to break every time you get in).  Tonight you got into the swing all by yourself. I was feeding Gianna her nightly bottle and I just looked up in time to see you climb into the swing on your own.  You love your sister.  Your favorite thing is to shriek, laugh or do something silly to make her smile and laugh at you.

The things you do lately that I love are: walking around in my shoes, wearing hats all the time, going into the pantry and picking up some random food item and asking, "How about this?"

You are such a character. And we are loving it!
Happy 29 months to my happy little guy.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment