Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring has sprung! (just not around here)

Yesterday was the first official day of Spring. It has been rainy, windy and cold around here (not complaining, just reporting). And to kick off the first official day of Spring we have a special surprise! Sick babies! Bode and Gianna are both congested again. Bode has a sore throat and sounds so pathetic. I just hope that this cold doesn't last as long as the other colds. I didn't have anything special planned for the first official day of Spring. This month has been kind of blah, with the happenings that make up life, and the weather. And I didn't have a special Spring kick-off dinner planned, either. I ended up making an easy dinner of vegetables. A meal that I couldn't help but think that my brother-in-law would have labeled, "rabbit food."  That's fitting for a first day of Spring, isn't it?

I can't wait to get outside and do some Spring things! I want to plant some flowers with Bode like we did last year.  I want park play dates, sand toys and floppy sun hats. I want to buy all pastel things welcoming Easter, like dessert plates, dish towels and foil wrapped chocolates!  Most of all, I want to see more smiles like this:


Bob and Bode March 19, 2011


I ran an errand this weekend while the babies napped. I came home and found Gianna here.  Bob calls her "Alfalfa" when her hair does this weird middle part.

The first tooth is officially here. Can you see it?

How cute is this onesie? It has embroidered pastel whales on it. How retro-adorable! It makes me want to dig out the Polos and Bermuda shorts. Tennis, anyone?  ;)
My house is making me crazy. It just looks so dull and uninspiring. I did take down all the photos and books from our bookshelves. I am waiting for inspiration to strike. I definitely think more color is in order.

What are you doing to celebrate Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment