Saturday, March 19, 2011

Do you know the muffin man?

have
Another wet, windy and cold morning so Bode and I had to forgo our outdoor activity. I have had a can of pumpkin in my pantry since November. I am sure that I bought the pumpkin puree to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (my mom went to Marie Callendar's instead). This can of pumpkin didn't expire for another year or so, but I decided that it couldn't be sitting in my pantry through Spring and Summer. I decided to  make some muffins because (a) it would use up the pumpkin, and (b) more importantly, it would give Bode and me an activity to fill the morning while it rained (and Gianna napped).

We had a good time measuring, mixing and pouring the batter. While the muffins* baked, we cleaned out the pantry. This is another good activity and I have to remember this one for future use!  I set the trash can and recycle bin by the pantry. I went through the pantry shelves, handing things to my little helper Bode to toss into the two bins. 

After the muffins cooled for a bit on the counter, we got to enjoy them together. 

 
Bode eating his muffin (with the rejected breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and blackberries also in front of him).

You may notice that Bode is sporting some bling in the photos.  He wore some green beads on St. Patrick's Day. Then, we read about a clam in a story, so I showed him my pearl jewelry. A pearl bracelet was immediately added to his ensemble. Every day, he asks for his "necgress" and "bracette" to wear. Perhaps this is his new Spring look. 

* I am happy to share the recipe. I added huge Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips to the batter after I had poured out three muffins of plain batter for Bode. The muffins are delicious, plain or with chocolate. A perfect Fall muffin...or in our case, a perfect "au revoir, Fall" muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment