Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The long weekend, and a long(er) week

Everyone enjoyed a three day weekend.  I really enjoyed having RWF home with us for an extra day, and I think he needed an extra day "off" too!  Our weekend was simple, but relaxing: the boys went skiing, we went on a family hike where Nico walked most of the way (!), and we also went to OMSI.  Bode is still obsessed with space, so this was the perfect place for him. We saw a film in the planetarium while there but it was "kinda scary" for everyone, as Bode remarked (dizziness - even though we stayed and watched it). 

This week, the kiddos are on break.  We don't have a lot of plans. Today, we were going to visit the zoo with some school friends. But it's a very cold, rainy day and I didn't feel comfortable with Nico being out in it. So we went to OMSI again, and had so much fun exploring. We discovered a "water" room where the kids get to play in fountains, and splash and throw balls...it was absolutely perfect for Nico, who loves balls and water right now. Bode and Gianna enjoyed it, too. They also enjoyed a Tony Hawk skateboard exhibit, where they got to jump on a trampoline,  spin around, and walk and slide on a skateboard ramp (among other things).  It was hard to get the monkeys to leave but we had to get to swim lessons. 

I am exhausted! I am going to have to pace myself if I am to make it the rest of the week! 

The  babies love this window that looks out our front yard.  We decorated it for Valentine's (thanks to Aunt Dawnie).  Bode likes to climb on the ledge, so I have to be vigilant about watching him and telling him to "get down!"




Nico loves playing with the balloons ("boons" as he says) that I set out for Valentine's surprises.


This little monkey got up so early on Saturday morning (5:30 AM) and then while I tried to snooze, tricked her Daddy into letting her wear her Easter dress!  (I have been telling her that she has to wait until Easter before she can wear it.)


RWF has been traveling a lot.  He was home for the long weekend, and I think the monkeys really enjoyed having their "Dada" home.


It is nothing but rain, rain, rain here this week.  I need to figure out how I'm going to entertain these monkeys while they are out of school.  Of course, after today's successful visit, I think they'd be happy to go to the OMSI every day. Hopefully I can get the energy and motivation to explore a bit more. We have so much to see in our new city. I need to take advantage of our "big city" living while we are here!
Happy Tuesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment