Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday fun



It is partly cloudy and super windy today. We got outside before it rains. Bode and Gianna rode their bikes while I strolled Nico.  Then, we filled the bird feeder, made bird food, had some bubble fun, and worked on the soon-to-be garden.  We also went to the grocery store and the pet food store.  It is easy to get a lot done in the morning when your morning starts at 5:33 AM!


Yes, she is wearing this shirt again. Hearts + pink = Gianna fav.

I think Aunt Dawnie and Aunt Melinda both suggested this bird feeder idea this winter. Even though it is now warmer, maybe the birds will still appreciate the effort!  We took a paper towel roll and cut it in half. Then I spread peanut butter all over the two tubes.  Bode and Gianna rolled the peanut butter tubes in bird seed.  I strung the tubes on ribbon and we hung them on branches.  (We originally hung them low, and I went back and hung them on higher branches.)



Don't worry,  we won't be eating peanut butter-bird seed sandwiches. That was the last of that peanut butter!



While I was working on our little garden plot with Bode and Gianna, Nico sat on the rug. I put two pin wheels in front of Nico for entertainment. He scooted close and tried to grab them.  It's so fun and easy to entertain him right now!




Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment