Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This morning



This morning, Nico napped. A miracle!  I guess I timed it just right because he went down without a hitch.  So that left me alone with Gianna (rare).  We colored for awhile.  And then I started feeling antsy, like maybe I should fold the mountain of  laundry piled on our dining room table.  So I asked Gianna to bring her coloring into the bedroom while I folded laundry.  (I went into the bedroom to minimize the noise level so that Nico would stay asleep.)


As I was folding laundry, I looked over at my little girl. She was intently scratching her blue crayon across the surface of the paper.  I noticed how her chubby little hand curled awkwardly around the crayon. I saw the look of concentration on her face, her pursed lips, and her body bent over her artwork while she colored.  It was such a peaceful moment. And I thought, "Is it ever going to be this simple again?" 


I've been thinking a lot about Gianna growing older. She's going to be 3 in a couple of months! It is crazy.  And, I've been thinking about her going to school next year.  I went to the school office and signed the contract this week, so it's on my mind.  The school director kept talking about Gianna, and I kept having an urge to correct her, "No, you mean Bode."  Because in my mind, Gianna is not a part of the school. 


So I had to pull out my camera and capture this moment. A snapshot of my still 2 year old baby girl, soon to be 3 year old school girl.


Happy Wednesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment