Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Goin' green

Gianna, getting bigger and leaner by the minute.


Things are greening up around here, ever so slowly.  I have halted my garden plans for the past few days, due to rain and cold weather.  I am a wimpy farmer. But, I am wearing my down jacket today! Crazy NY weather.

Friday night, we had a thunderstorm. RWF and I both enjoy a good thunderstorm. It was even more exciting because the power went out.  We sat in our dark, quiet house, whispering and waiting for the lights to flicker on.  After waiting for about 20 minutes, we went to bed, excited to go to sleep to the noisy rain and thunder. Then, about 5 minutes after we crawled into our bed, we heard Bode crying and screaming.  Our kids are "white noise" addicts.  So when the power goes out, the white noise stops, and babies wake up. So dealing with the wake-ups (plural) was not fun. But we did enjoy the storm while it lasted.

Then, on Saturday morning, we discovered this:


That is the top of a very tall tree.  Crash, boom, in our yard.  Luckily, it didn't hit the nearby power lines (or our house)!  RWF and I walked around the yard, trying to find the broken stump that the tree split from.  Finding no stump, RWF looked up and saw that it had actually split from the very top! Yikes!

Saturday, Bode had his last indoor soccer game. Next Saturday, he starts a new soccer team outdoors. It will be his first 'real' soccer team/game. I am so excited.  I went to our local sporting goods store and bought him his first shin guards, socks, and shorts.  

On Sunday, we visited Nana, Aunt Dawnie and Uncle Craig, and Aunt Debbie. It was a nice afternoon. The babies just love spending time with their family.    I didn't take any photos because I have found, I rarely have time to stop and take a photo!  I am busy with one child or the other when we are visiting.  The parenting does not stop, even when you are surrounded by family.

The bullying continues at school for Bode.  So, we are having to step up our talks with the teachers involved.  Bode was not in school last week due to sickness, and he still talked about this bully and the meanness. I don't like that this bully is in Bode's head, even while he is away from school for a week.  On Monday, I had hoped that time away from the bully meant that the bully would forget about the meanness. But Bode came home from school and told me that the bully had pushed him down and "was mean" during recess. That's it. It needs to stop now.

Happy Tuesday.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment