Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The weekend


This is RWF's photo that he took of us on the Deshutes River, when we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago.  I can't edit his shadow out of it, but that's okay. I like that he's in the picture.


This morning, Bode looked taller. His legs looked longer. And to be sure, I stood next to him closely and measured us together. He is taller. The top of his head now reaches the top of my shoulder. That's not saying much, since I'm petite. But my boy is definitely growing.

Sunday morning, Gianna woke up with pink eye.  I was horrified, and immediately chastised her.  "How many times have I told you that you have to wash.your.hands. or you'll get pink eye?" I was so mad.  I thought I had sufficiently scared her into washing her hands like crazy, ever since she started potty training. And then for her to wake up with crusty, swollen eye lids first thing in the morning was just too much for me.  I got on the phone and scheduled the first available appointment at one of those walk-in clinics. While we waited, I cleaned every  bathroom, stripped bed linens, stripped the bathrooms of all towels and announced, "We're all using paper towels for hand washing!" At the clinic, the doctor examined Gianna and confirmed that it was pink eye, but viral pink eye (not bacterial pink eye).  She's had a horrible cold since last week. The doctor said that it's due to the cold that's stayed in her sinuses.  I had no idea that there were two different kinds of pink eye.  The doctor told me that Gianna's not really contagious, just to use good judgment and frequent hand washing, etc. etc.  So Gianna is at school today.  Her eyes are still a little pink. I was apologetic, and waved the doctor's diagnosis sheet in front of Gianna's teacher.

We looked at a couple of houses this weekend.  We did it in shifts, which was more time consuming. First, I would go look at the house. And then, I would go home and watch the children while RWF looked.  This way, we weren't dragging our children through other people's houses and we could take our time looking. Afterwards, we compared notes.  We still haven't found the right house. I hope that the right one comes along soon.  

I also spent some time this weekend planning the Mia Gia's FOURTH birthday party.  RWF and I discussed dates, and I started scouting out locations.  We settled on a date, and all I had to do is schedule the place.  But then, I checked my email and Gianna had received an evite for a classmate's birthday party on...you guess it...the date I had wanted.  So it's back to the drawing board on the date.    As far as a cake, (cue Franck Eggelhoffer, of Father of the Bride) she wants chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting.  For theme and color, Gianna wants a "pink princess" party.  No surprise there!  I will have to focus on the fun of planning of this party, because when I think of Gianna turning four, I'm just...stunned.

Happy Tuesday.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment