Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 2 of Potty Training

This morning, Bode and I had a date. He wore a diaper and a winning smile. Just kidding. Well, he did wear a diaper out, but he also had on a nice outfit. Bob stayed home while Gianna napped.  Bode and I went to the park, the bagel shop, and Starbucks.  I miss hanging out with my happy little guy!  We have so much fun together.  And I really notice how much he has grown when I have time alone with him.  I guess it is because I think back to the time before Gianna and I can think about how much he has changed since then.  And while I'm on the subject, (sniff), I did cry on the way to the store yesterday for big boy underwear. I just can't believe that we are here already.  Potty training. It just breaks my heart to think about how fast he is growing.

Bode, age 2 going on 21.

Day 2 of potty training is going well.  There was one accident this morning, but it was my fault for not watching the clock. 

Perhaps he is a little too familiar with the staff at Starbucks.
Here he is laughing with another little girl in the adjoining booth at the bagel shop. Flirt!


Swinging is still his all-time fav at the park.

As far as rewards go, Aunt Dawnie suggested that I use a reward chart.  The new deal is this: Bode uses the potty and he gets a sticker. For every 5 stickers, he gets a surprise (a car, or whatever new thing I can find in my hidden (quickly diminishing) stash). Bode is not sure about this new deal. Every time he goes potty, he asks for a car. I'm trying to emphasize the game aspect of the reward chart, as well as playing up the special big boy potty stickers. And before you feel bad for him, he has already gotten a car today! I didn't expect him to fill that reward chart so quickly. I'm rethinking the 5 stickers. Not really. I can't change it up now. I guess 2 cars a day is better than 10 cars a day, right?  I wish I could reward him with outings, and not things. But right now, this is the way it goes and it is working.
Last, a quick apology for the horrid iPhone photos. I know it is a drag to read this blog and squint at these fuzzy photos of Bode and Gianna.  I swear, I am cursed when it comes to computers and cameras. It must be mercury in retrograde. Or my rising sign. Or something.  I am working on it, and promise to post better photos soon.  Thanks for stopping by!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment