Sunday, May 8, 2011

Every Day is Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!  We had a lovely day together, just hanging out as a little family. As one of my sister-in-law's told me, every day is mother's day. It is so true! I love, love, love being a mom. I love my children so much! I feel so blessed that I wake up every day and get to do this 'thing' all over again.  There is one flaw that I have discovered to this whole thing though.  They grow up so fast!  As the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun.  The saying could also be: Time flies when you are a mother.



This evening, Bode must have been thinking about the whole mom thing, too.  He was looking at my Mother's Day cards and he announced, "Mommy, you a mom! You a mom!" and I said, "Yes, I am a mommy to Bode and Gianna, and I love it!"  Then, for awhile after that, he called me "Mom," like he was 16 years old or something.  I told him, "Let's stick to Mommy for now, please. I'm not ready for you to call me Mom." The truth is, he could call me anything and I would be happy. I have the title and the privilege of being his (and Gianna's) mother.

A very Happy Mother's Day to my mother. Mom, I love you and  at least once a day, I think about what a wonderful mom you are to us.  And I also usually think, "How did she do this so well, with so many kids?"

Happy Mother's Day!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment