Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bode: 31 months

Dear Bode,
This past month, we started reading Beatrix Potter.  It has been so much fun reading these stories with you!  You love reading these stories over and over (and I love reading them, too).  You stare intently at the illustrations while I read about the rabbits, mice, frogs and other creatures getting into mischief. 

These stories are really spurring your imaginative play.  We love a lot of  the stories, but I think our favorites are "The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse," and "The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher." You love to pretend to be Mr. Jeremy Fisher, and I have to pretend to be the trout. You pretend to fish, and I come along and grab you as if I am about to eat you. You start shrieking, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" and we pretend to thrash about in a pond.

But my favorite of all is when you say that you are Mr. Jeremy Fisher thinking, and you imitate the illustration exactly, with your fingers to your mouth, deep in thought.


Here you are as Mr. Jeremy Fisher thinking, but you couldn't not smile.

We have many more Beatrix Potter books to read, and I'm sure that there will be a lot more pretend play involved. Daddy and I are both so happy that you love to read.
love,
Mommy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment