Monday, May 30, 2011

Mia Gianna: 11 months


May 30, 2011
 Dear Gianna,
I have not been dedicating a lot of time to your "development," as far as singing songs, reading, and playing games. I think this is because I am confident that you are learning a lot by watching your older brother. And you seem happy to just observe us.  In fact, you are often on my hip, and very much a part of everything going on in the house.   




Suddenly, you are vocal and have opinions.  You might protest if I take a second too long picking you up from your crib.  You might protest when I put you down in your crib. You protest (sometimes) when I hand you over to Daddy. You always protest when you are crawling to me and  I just happen to walk away.  But even with the protests, you are always quick to smile.



I am enjoying  introducing you to new finger foods. Right now, you love Cheerios, puffs, bagels, bananas, and peaches. 



Your second tooth is slowly making an appearance, alongside your first tooth. You will soon have the lower "front gate" teeth in place.

You are starting to pull up on things now.  And you like to crawl over to the window, pull up on the windowsill, and look outside.

You are fast approaching a year old. Yesterday I was looking at photos from your birth. You were so tiny! You were beautiful then, just like you are today. This morning, I held you close, gave you lots of kisses, and whispered "don't grow, don't grow."  But I know that you have a mind of your own, and a lot of growing up ahead of you.  Happy 11 months, my lovely G.
love,
Mommy
xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy 11 months beautiful baby girl!
    love you,
    Aunt Melinda
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete