Friday, January 13, 2012

First preschool meeting

Doesn't he look ready for school?



This morning we got up and had a family scramble as we got ready for an early preschool meeting. As usual, I was the last one to get ready and the only one who was NOT ready when we had to jump in the car.  RWF, Bode and Gianna all looked nice while I looked like...well, like I had just rolled out of bed. It's like that picture puzzle captioned, "Which one of these does not belong?"  It's not like my little family is not used to it. The children are used to seeing me with wild bedhead and yoga pants. And RWF does a double-take every time I do make an effort to look pretty.  So I guess it's really best that I went as I usually look, so as not to confuse my little family. It would have made for an awkward meeting with the preschool if my family could not stop staring at me, like, "Who are you again?"

Honestly, I really dislike not being able to get myself "pretty" before we go out, especially for a family outing. I guess that means that instead of lazily sleeping until the last possible second, I need to get up early before everyone else wakes to get myself ready!

I did not sleep very well last night.  I was so consumed by thoughts of Bode going to school. I'm really not comfortable with it but I know that it is best for him.  And that is what is important.  I also know that I will have plenty of time with Bode. We will both grow to enjoy the time apart, and love our time together more. 

The first preschool meeting was really just a getting-to-know-the-school for us.  We haven't made any decisions and are still shopping around.  So it's not like Bode is leaving me tomorrow. But it was our first real, big step and it was a lot harder for me than anyone else in our little family.  Deep breaths. I will get through this.

Bode found a bookshelf containing some wooden cars. He played with them while eyeing the school director thoughtfully.  When she spoke to him, he'd smile at her shyly.   Later he would tell me that school was "fun" and that we should go again.



Gianna made herself at home immediately and began poking around in various classrooms. The school director that we met with made the comment that Gianna looked like she'd be ready for school much sooner. No surprise there.  She "owned" the preschool while we were there. So naturally she wore herself out and was pretty tired by the time we got home. 



I put Gianna down for a nap.  Then Bode and I went outside together for some snow fun.  I love his little snowsuit and the fact that it keeps him warm and dry.  He loves playing in the snow. We were outside for an hour, enjoying the sun and snow. We made a miniature "Frosty" and threw snowballs at each other.  Bode climbed and walked the snow bank that the snow plow made in our driveway. We also chased Priscilla around. Later, Priscilla found a "frozen treat" (ahem. can you guess? euuw!) and didn't want to play with us.  It was nice to spend time alone with Bode, especially after this morning's meeting. 



Our miniature Frosty


Priscilla finds a frozen treat (euuuw!)

Do you have any special plans for the weekend?  I have a salon appointment (yay!) and hopefully a date with a mocha at Starbucks. I also plan to run outside if the weather cooperates (fingers crossed - the treadmill is getting old real fast!).  Bode has ski lessons. I'm sure Gianna has several fun plans in mind, that I don't know about yet.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment