Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The weekend



This weekend, I woke up to find our amaryllis had bloomed.  Now, there are three beautiful red flowers on our amaryllis.  Should amaryllis be capitalized?  Geesh, I have lost so much of my grammer skillz since the birth of Bode.  It is really disturbing how "mommy brain" takes over so stealthily (and really, not so stealthily).  I read a quote by someone recently, a celeb who just had a baby and she was joking about "mommy brain" and how she can't remember anything. I chuckled right along with her, har har. Not. Maybe it's okay when you're a celeb with nannies and assistants. But to me, not so funny. I have two children, a dog and a partner depending on me to get things done. It is no laughing matter.  Most of the time, I'm a big FAIL.
Making "dot-art" with Bode on Friday afternoon.

This is my creation. A modern piece that spells out "Bode"


Moving on.  This weekend, we went for several drives to check out the area.  One day we headed toward the Adirondacks. We took a detour and found an honest-to-God park. I nearly wept.  Unfortunately, it is 20 miles away so I won't be taking the babies there often.  You know, unless I am desperate.  There are so many sentences that I start with, "I miss..." and then quickly tap on the Delete key. I don't want to go there.  



It looks kind of like Cali, no?




Hanging out in our backyard.





I guess, like this weekend, it is important to keep driving forward, checking things out and exploring.  Most of all, being open to new things.   And if all else fails, there is always Starbucks, dot-art, and the backyard.
Hope your Tuesday is fun!
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment