Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A slumber party

Gianna and Bode bunking in Park City, UT 2010


We are so excited because we are having our first house guest!  Aunt Dawnie is coming to visit us.

We went shopping and got new jammies just for this special occasion.  When I was a little girl, my mom always bought me new pajamas (nightgowns, really) whenever I was invited to a slumber party.  It was a big deal!  My mom always made a big deal out of every occasion, which made it more fun for us, too!

When I told Bode that Aunt Dawnie was visiting us, he got this big smile on his face.  He didn't say anything. But, he didn't have to. The smile was enough.

I found a  cute pajama set for Gianna.  Bode got a new pair, too. But I bet ONE MILLION DOLLARS (said in the Austin Powers voice) that he stays in his Lightening McQueen pajamas (oh, that he hasn't stopped wearing since he got them for Christmas).

We look forward to spending lots of time with Aunt Dawnie. Maybe we will even stay in our pjs and play cars all day (that is Bode's idea).  I am looking forward to ordering a giant eggplant pizza and girl talk. Hooray!

I'll post more details about our slumber party later!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment