Monday, January 2, 2012

Mia Gianna: 18 months

Dear Gianna,
December 30 came and went without my writing about your turning 18 months.  It's not that we didn't notice.  Daddy and I talked about it over dinner on the 29th, and then the morning of the 30th, we kissed you and wished you a Happy 18 months, as we usually do on these occasions. 
You've added a few more words and phrases to your vocabulary.  You can often be heard saying, "Iwandat" ("I want that") when Bode is playing with something or eating something that you don't have. You now say, "Lala" for Priscilla (I think).  And when you're done eating, you'll demand, "UP!" to be removed from your high chair.  You are fascinated with hats, and will spend a long time going through the hat basket.  If someone is wearing a hat (as we often are nowadays), you'll demand, "HAT, HAT, HAAAAT" until the person surrenders his hat to you for your inspection/wearing.
Sadly, you know how to turn on my iPhone.  I wish it weren't the case, as I hate to think that you are so familiar with a phone that you know how to turn it on when you want to play with it.   You love turning on my phone and looking at the picture (wallpaper) of you and Bode. You study the picture and say, "Baybee" over and over.
Your sleeping habits are changing somewhat. At least right now, you fight going to sleep. Hopefully, this is due to teething.  I used to put you down at 6:45 and you'd smile, lay there with your Penguin and "ba-ba" and go to sleep.  Now, you cry and protest, and spring up on your feet as soon as I've laid you down.  But you're the second child, and this means that I don't give into your tears as easily as I did with the first child. Sorry, Gianna, but I'm going to need concrete evidence (like a poopy diaper) before I get you up from your sleep time.  The thing is, even though you cry and protest, you're usually asleep about 5 minutes afterwards.  
I think your teeth are making it harder for you to sleep, as you've got 4 new teeth emerging in your little mouth.  You aren't eating as much, which I hate to see.  I'm sorry that you've been hit so hard with the teething.   But you've really handled it well.  You rarely cry and don't drool.  You like to be held and will sit quietly with me when you're feeling out of sorts.
This past week, we had a date.  We went shoe shopping for you.  You walked around the shoe store, picking up the different shoes (luckily, we had the store to ourselves).  You are girly, as you always went for the pink and sparkly ones.  We bought your first pair of sneakers.  And I have to say, I laugh when you wear them. They just look so odd on you.  I think we both prefer your new ruffled Mary Janes, as they are more you than those silly sneakers.
Happy 18 months, and happy new year, my sweet girl.
love,
Mommy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment