Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookies for Santa

This afternoon, while I was out supposedly enjoying alone time (but really, grocery shopping at the busy, crowded grocery store), I realized that we had to make our cookies for Santa tonight.  Tomorrow night wouldn't be possible, because we were spending the day with Nana, the Aunts/Uncle and family celebrating Christmas.  I looked at my watch. It was 4:22.  I had to make dinner and make cookies.  Fa la la la laaa!

I raced home and made a quick Chinese stir-fry.  Then, I rolled the dough out, cookie-cuttered and baked cookies while Bode and Gianna ate their dinner.  After they cooled, I put them on a clean cookie sheet to contain the sprinkly sugary mess fun that was about to occur. Then I presented the cookies to Bode for icing and decorating.  I kept it really simple: frosting out of a can and two sugar sprinkles.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I used prepackaged frosting.  But, nobody is going to eat them so I really don't feel that bad. 

Bode is excited that Santa has cookies to eat tomorrow night.  He said that maybe we should ask Santa to leave 1 cookie for Bode to eat.  I told him that we would write Santa a note wishing him a Merry Christmas, thanking him, and asking him to leave 1 cookie for Bode.  





A big Christmas kiss for my boy.

Are you ready for Santa?
xo
Photos courtesy of RWF.

No comments:

Post a Comment