Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas tree

My little Christmas elf is almost as big as this tree!

After a lot (and I mean, a lot) of thought, I decided to just put up our Charlie Brown tree in the play room. This way (I reason), the babies can destroy enjoy it.  Last year, I bought a bunch of fabric ornaments for this very purpose. 
My favorite part is on top, Bode's and Gianna's first ornaments

The Santa hat was in our Christmas box. He put it on immediately and has not taken it off.

This year, I bought Bode two special ornaments that are not fabric.  I warned him that they will break if he plays with them.  I am OK if that happens, believe me. I wouldn't have given them to him if I had my heart set on keeping a red fire truck and a red truck with a Christmas tree in its pickup.  It was enough for me to see him smile when he unwrapped them.  Maybe we'll be able to keep these ornaments forever, or maybe just a few years.  Whatever happens, it will be alright, because we'll just keep buying more.


I am craving a beautiful Christmas tree and a beautiful home.  I wanted everything a-sparkle, everything glowing in warm candle light.  But the reality is, I have two babies right now.  There will be time for the more sophisticated looking Christmas later (or not, depending on how we feel).


And that sparkle? I already know that it doesn't come from twinkling Christmas lights and jingling bells. It comes from the smiling faces of my little ones admiring a homemade looking tree. The joy that radiates from Bode's face when he finds old Christmas friends to play with, and the magic in turning on the Christmas lights.


A beautiful Christmas tree, personalized with our names. One of my favorite Christmas gifts!

Right now, the focus is on family, making our memories and enjoying the holidays together.  What are your favorite holiday memories?  Do you have special holiday rituals and objects?  I hope that you are already having a happy holiday! 
Enjoy.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment