Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Claus is coming to town...sooner than you think

This morning I was checking out at store. We had  to stand in line for awhile. It was a small store and the sales help were all busy with customers. Gianna was squirming in my arms, trying to get out and down so that she could explore on her own. I tightened my grip on her and gave her a kiss. Bode was standing patiently beside me.  

When it was our turn to check out, the salesman apologized for the wait. Then he leaned over the counter and smiled at Bode.

The salesman asked Bode, "Is Santa coming?"

Bode looked up at him with huge solemn eyes and nodded Yes.

"When is Santa coming?" the salesman asked.

Bode replied, "Tomorrow."

"Really, tomorrow?"  The salesman looked at me and winked.  We both looked down at Bode.

Bode looked at the man and said, "Yes. Tomorrow at 4 o'clock."

No comments:

Post a Comment