Monday, November 5, 2012

Grateful



Since we are now in November (how did that happen?) and Thanksgiving is fast-approaching, I started thinking about gratitude.  I am grateful for small things every day. I really do take a moment each and every day and think  of something that makes me feel grateful.

At first, I thought I'd keep a gratitude journal, as often cited by the "experts."  Then I thought I'd like to just blog about little things that I'm thankful for, for the entire month of November. I'll post about the "things" I'm grateful for at least once a week for this month.

It is Fall, but today feels more like Winter, with a high of 39 and low of 23 today!  I'm thankful to have a warm house with power, and coats, hats and mittens to keep us extra warm when we venture outside:

Bode leaving for school this morning

Gianna sliding at Bode's school this a.m.
Of course, these cold temperatures make me think of the people affected by "Super Storm Sandy" and I hope that everyone is keeping warm and dry as repairs are underway.

I am thankful (of course!) for my children, who are so loving and fill our house (and hearts) up with laughter, joy, and love:

Gianna hugging Nico

"All done!" she said and let go of Nico.
I'm thankful for my baby. I saw babies being evacuated from a NY hospital on the news during the hurricane. Nothing made my heart more sad that evening than to see those little babies in their isolettes being moved to ambulances during the storm.  We received our itemized invoice for the c-section the other day.  Reviewing that crazy list of charges, I am thankful for insurance and good health:



My lil pumpkin's footie

I'm thankful for a partner/husband/friend who has supported me during my postpartum phase, and taken such excellent care of our children when I simply do not have the energy.  Despite working long and hard all week, RWF comes home and works all weekend, too.  During a feeding at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, I remembered that we had signed Bode up for soccer, which started that day.Then I forgot about it again, until 7:30 a.m.  RWF was working out when I ran up to him and told him that he had to take Bode to soccer in 45 minutes.   He happily took Bode to soccer, and then took both Bode and Gianna out to play multiple times over the weekend.

So big

Explaining a drill to me

That is a small list of things I am grateful for this past week.  I'll try to keep a list so as to not forget those other special moments that I tend to forget.  Won't you join me? Think of the things that you're grateful for, and  pause for a moment to appreciate it.

Happy Monday, friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment