Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Aunt Melinda and Thanksgiving

Bode 2010
Gianna 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!  I am super excited today.  I went to the grocery store and bought all my Thanksgiving food. Tomorrow, my dear sister Melinda arrives!  I can't wait to see her!

It is a holiday near and dear to my heart. One, because I love Thanksgiving. Two, because my mom and sister always visited during Thanksgiving. My mom (and sister) would cook the entire Thanksgiving meal in our tiny, sparsely equipped kitchen - no easy feat! But my mom did it, wonderfully and without complaint.  Bode was just 7 weeks old on his first Thanksgiving, and my mom and Melinda were there.  They were also there for Gianna's first Thanksgiving, too. And, Melinda will be here for Nico's first Thanksgiving, too! I have many happy memories of Thanksgiving in California, mainly because my mom and sister were with us.  

Last night, I talked to Bode and Gianna about Aunt Melinda visiting. We talked about what we will do (go to Starbucks, Congress Park, the park...) and what we would eat for Thanksgiving (turkey, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, etc.).  Bode and Gianna are excited for Aunt Melinda to visit, too.

This year, it is going to be sad without my mom.  But I am so happy that my sister will be here with me! 
Melinda and Gianna 2010

I'm so excited to see Melinda tomorrow!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment