Friday, July 26, 2013

Cooler mornings and last day of camp!


Chilly morning

This week has been so wonderful, weather-wise!  It has gotten down to 48.  We wake up to a chilly house because our house is opened up all day and night.  We have been putting footie pajamas on the baby, and everyone wears fleeces in the morning. In the afternoons, it's been low 80s. Hooray! I of course love this weather.   I know it won't last, but I'm going to enjoy it while we have it.  

I have started Fall shopping! Hooray!  It is my favorite time of year, and back-to-school shopping is probably one of my most favorite activities, ever. But more on that later.

A warm and stripey outfit today
Bode and Gianna  have their last day of camp today.  They've had fun, but it's definitely been rough in the woods. They've gotten bitten by mosquitos all over, and Bode has blisters on his  heels.  I think Bode enjoys playing with new friends, but Gianna has a harder time friending others, because she is the youngest of the bunch. Yesterday when I dropped them off, Bode ran off with a friend and Gianna lagged behind. I stopped, midway to my car and looked at her. She stood there and looked at me.  And my heart  hurt a little bit, wondering if she wanted me to stay or if she wanted to go with me. I told her that I loved her and to have fun. She yelled back, "Okay, take care!" But she still stood there and watched me. Finally I took a deep breath, blew her a kiss, and walked to my car, hoping that she would have fun.  As I pulled out of the driveway, I looked back and saw that she had joined Bode and his friend.

I keep debating back & forth over whether Gianna should go to school with Bode.  (Bode is going to a Kindergarten that ranges in age from 3-6, so Gianna could go there, too.) My first response is No, because I think she needs an experience independent of Bode. On the other hand, I think it might be helpful for her to have Bode around to show her the ropes.  It's hard...we want to do what's best for her (and Bode) and all we can do is make our best decision based on what we know, right?  I get a little freaked out, knowing that I will have two babies in school this Fall. Luckily, I will have one baby at home with me!

Oh, how I love you.

I have no plans for the month before school starts. I imagine that we will fill up our days with swings, water fun and other summer activities. Hopefully some relaxed downtime/play is just what the monkeys need before the Fall school schedule begins!
Happy Friday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment