Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rainy days are here again

Gianna sez, "Rain? Again?"
Last night was the second trial in room sharing. It went a little better (but not much). They were both up super late (and slept in this morning).  I know that this will take time.  But let's just say I'm not moving Nico's crib into Gianna's old room yet....

It is pouring down rain.  Today is day 2 for camp and I felt a little wicked dropping the monkeys off in the downpour.  But I know that they will have fun.

Bode and Gianna insist on carrying their backpacks (gifted to them by Aunt Mary Lou) to camp every day, even though they really don't need them.  They are supposed to bring certain things to camp, and leave the items in their designated spaces.  But Bode and Gianna insist on carrying their backpacks to and from camp every day.  And every afternoon when I pick them up from camp, they are packing up their backpacks, as if they are nomads, off on another journey, and not off to the comforts of their very suburban, very modern home. While they pack, I point out that all the other kids leave their items at the camp.  I try to talk to them about maybe leaving the spare pair of undies or sunscreen at camp for tomorrow, but am told that everything must go back in the backpack. And the backpack goes with them.  It is all very official with them, you know.

I finally captured a picture of Nico with his first tooth.


This baby has curls.  And I love the curls because they remind me of my dad.
Happy Tuesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment