Monday, July 7, 2014

July 4th




Waiting (impatiently) for the parade to start
We had a simple, lovely 4th of July holiday.  Our weather was hothothot, but we spent it outside.  We went to our town's little July 4th parade in the morning.  RWF and I discovered that Gianna is pretty aggressive when it comes to getting candy!  Any time someone would throw a handful in the street, she was on it.  It made me nervous, but RWF was right there with her. She came home with a (sandwich) bagful  of candy, like it was Halloween. Bode didn't get any, until a (nice) lady made her son give Bode a piece. (And of course, Gianna has to share her bounty with her brother.) We came home, and the children lounged like cats, tired from the parade and the heat.  I made my mom's macaroni salad, because I've been craving it like crazy for the past month. The 4th of July was a good excuse to make it (not that I need an excuse). We ate dinner outside, a departure for us but it was a nice little event all the same. 

I can't believe we are already in July!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment