Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday



Here we are in the middle of another week of summer gone-by!  Gianna is off at camp.  Bode has once again chosen to stay home.  I tried to talk him into trying camp for a couple of hours today. He was positive that he did not want to go.  I am not going to push it.  

Please forgive my rant about all the driving, the heat, and the summer camp fiasco.  I am simply annoyed with myself for not listening to my inner voice (the inner voice that told me that Bode would not be interested in this camp, and that swim lessons and camp were going to be too much driving for me).  


The good news is, tomorrow is Gianna's last day of ballet camp, and it is also the last day of swim lessons for now.   The pool is closed for a few weeks.  And then we will start up lessons once again. 

For the time, we won't have any plans.  

Hooray!


We have another hot day ahead for us.  We are staying inside, as I have no desire for my baby and 5 year old to be out in the sun and heat.  I have a lot of errands to run, but they will have to wait. 



We have been eating out every night! With 90 degree temps at 5PM, I have no desire to heat the house further by turning on the stove or oven.  And I don't have the time or inclination to prepare a cold meal beforehand.  So we have been venturing out (in our air conditioned car) to (air conditioned) restaurant after restaurant.  I feel gross.  I mean, yuck on the eating out. And I think my children feel the same way. They love the novelty of eating out, and are so good in restaurants.  But I think even they prefer eating my home-cooked food.  Eating out a lot gets old, fast. But it's temporary, so I'm not going to worry about it.  

Happy Wednesday. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment