Monday, July 21, 2014

The weekend



This weekend was busy...but not because we had big plans. We just managed to fill the blank space quite nicely.  Saturday morning, we went to a park.  The children were thrilled.  I have let park time slip this past year.  I used to take them to parks all the time.  This year, not so much. I think it is because I'm so busy.  When we are in the car, we are usually on a mission to the grocery store or a doctor appointment or etc.  It is rare these days that I pile everyone in the car "just for fun."



Sunday was spent house hunting.  Ugh ugh ugh.  I think RWF and I are being so patient.  Well, we are trying to be patient.  It is a lot of work, sifting through MLS reports and emails from our broker.  I find that after a few weeks of patiently searching (waiting), my mind plays tricks on me: I start to think that xyz house is "not so bad," or "maybe this one would work...." but then after another tour through said house, I'm once again in the "not gonna work" camp.  And then I get angry (at myself, for falling for something) and resentful (at the other seemingly "nice" looking houses I see everywhere). It's bizarre. I never knew house hunting could be so....crazy.




And here we are in July and August is right around the corner.  Last week was "hell week" with all the driving to and from camp.  And Bode did not like camp at all which made me dislike everything even more.  RWF was gone all week on business. I didn't want to cook/clean/do laundry. But, we survived.   

Survived camp: hooray!

I told myself that we would enjoy this week of "nothing to do" and "nowhere to be."  I think everyone needs a break.  
Happy week, friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment