Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My stupid idea

This week, Bode and Gianna have swim lessons in the morning, followed by camp. I knew it was a mistake to overbook the day! But we had locked in swim lessons for the summer, and Gianna begged me to let her go to "princess ballet camp."  I couldn't say No, and I also knew that there was no way one child was going to camp and the other wasn't. So I signed up Bode for gymnastics camp.

BIG mistake.

They have swim lessons at 9 AM. Swim lessons wear them out.

Bode's camp starts at 9 AM, too. But I convinced the camp director to let him sneak in at 10 AM. (We really make it there at 10:20)

Gianna's camp starts at Noon. Both Bode's and Gianna's camp were supposed to end at 3:30. But then, Gianna's dance instructor changed the time to end at 2 PM, because the class is so small.

Anyone want to guess how much driving I've done so far?

Answer:  way too much

Anyone want to guess how many naps Nico has had this week?

Answer: zero

Anyone want to guess what Gianna thinks of camp?

Answer: Loves it so much! She pouts and turns into a sloth on the floor (lies down and refuses to move). I'm weary, and have zero patience for this bratty behavior! Ugh! Who is this child, and will her real mother please come and pick her up?

Anyone want to guess what Bode thinks of camp?

Answer: Hates it! He doesn't want to go! "What IS camp, Mom? Why do I have to do this?" Ugh!

Obviously, I am kicking myself (HARD) for this stupid, stupid thinking. Plus, the weather has been in the 90s, and we have no air conditioning. The heat is making everyone irritable, plus everyone is just tired.

I'm about to pull the plug on camp, and maybe even swim lessons, for the rest of this week! My children are not themselves. We need to rest and regroup. We need to get back to the simple pleasures of summer: nowhere to go, no clock, nothing we "have" to do, but just enjoy the time we have together.

Confession: I missed Bode so much while he was away at camp on Monday! When I picked him up, I just hugged him for the longest time. And he let me. I knew he didn't have fun. So guess what? He didn't go to camp today. ;)

Happy Tuesday, friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment