Monday, December 10, 2012

Are you ready for the big guy?

Not this big guy:


The other big guy. The one in the red suit. The big guy who says, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" The big guy. You know.


We are ready.  Bode knows who Santa Claus is, but I don't think Gianna is quite there yet.  We are reading Christmas stories every night now. In fact, I took out all of the regular books and replaced them with Christmas stories.  So they don't have a choice...they get Christmas stories whether they want them or not (oh, don't worry...they want them).

I think a visit to the mall Santa might help. But oh geez.  I can't even think about how to do that. The logistics frighten me. And there's NO WAY that this little dude is going to our petri dish of a mall:


He is just too precious to expose to that. My other two monkeys are precious, too. But I think they'd get a kick out of seeing Santa.  We'll see...maybe we'll do it. Maybe we won't. That's the beauty of the children being so young right now. I can decide these things without them knowing the difference. 
I'm also thinking about doing an advent calendar. A small number so that Bode and Gianna can get into it without it being too long of a wait for them.  So maybe it's not an advent calendar but a 'countdown' calendar. 
What Christmas prep do you have left? What Christmas specials do you have to watch in order for it to feel like Christmas? I have to see Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. And no Christmas is complete without viewing National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Gianna insists on watching "Frosty" every day. I think it's because that is the only word that she remembers, and she can't think of the other specials. I'm a softy this time of year and usually give in. The weather also stinks (rain) so it's easy to just turn on the TV and not worry about going outside.  As an added bonus, I get dinner done while they watch "Frosty."

What is on your "must-do" for Christmas?  Fudge, cookie baking, caroling, etc?  

Here is what I like to do (tradition):
* Visit Santa (BIG maybe)
* View Christmas lights in a neighborhood
* Bake/decorate sugar cookies
* Make fudge (I may have to try making Lauren's yummy peanut butter fudge this year!)
* Wrap presents
* Good and Bad List (this is going to have to wait until the monkeys are older)
* Watch Christmas specials
* Eat cheese and other party foods (whether or not I'm at a party)

There are other activities but I'm drawing a blank. Lucky for others, I do not have caroling on my list. Does anyone actually go caroling anymore? Or is that just stuff we read about in our Christmas stories? (Is caroling a verb? Or is it carol? Or is Carol just the name of Mrs. Brady?  I'm sooo confused. Remember the Brady Bunch episode when Mrs. Brady had the solo in the Christmas choir concert, but she lost her voice? Didn't Cindy ask Santa to giver her mommy a voice so that she could sing? Something for you to think about.)
Happy Monday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment