Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nico: 3 months


Dear Nico,

Happy 3 months to my little love.

You are stretching. You are stretching your little mind and body in all directions.  You reach for things now, or extend your arms out as if to give a fist bump. Your arms wave about, like  a conductor. 

You crane your neck to see what your brother and sister are doing.  Like your brother, you do not like to be swaddled.  You will unwrap yourself as quickly as possible, kicking your feet until you are free from the confines of the blanket.  

Fist bump!


You do not have much of a schedule, as your brother and sister are so active.  Their noise and activity keeps you awake. I think you are so interested in what they are doing, taking mental notes on what it is that you would like to do. But when you finally grab some sleep, I am so happy.  It allows me "alone time" with Bode and Gianna.  And it allows me time to get some things done (namely, dinner).  Night time is tricky, because you do not sleep as much as you did as a newborn.  So Bode and Gianna's bedtime routine is now a part of your routine. I give you a bath while Gianna and Bode are bathing. We all read in bed together.  And then, we all walk upstairs for goodnight kisses and tucking in.  Sometimes you're not game, you don't want to go along for the ride, you want your own time to go to bed - you cry a lot because you just want to nurse yourself to sleep, right when I need to get Bode and Gianna tucked in.  This stresses me out. I have a hard time being calm trying to get Bode and Gianna into bed (amid requests for "potty," "brush mah teeth" and "ba-ba") while you're wailing away. But, I'm learning to just go with it.  I will lay you down on whoever's bed is available, tuck Bode and Gianna in (or say "yes" to all requests of potty, tooth brushing and refills), and then pick your screaming/crying self up and walk you back downstairs for our own bedtime routine. This is the time when I wish I had help.  But once Bode and Gianna are in bed, you get over things quickly and we settle down  for a quiet time together.  I enjoy our quiet time together because I can look at you for as long as I want,  and kiss and squish you as much as I want, without interruptions by anyone. 


You face looks weird in the reflection because the mirror is smudged!

Your daddy said, "Hi, Baldy" one day when he saw you and I had to laugh out loud. You don't have that much hair on your head. You are our most 'bald' baby. But you do have long eye lashes.  They are fair, though, so not that visible in photos.  I'm curious, are you going to be blonde like Gianna?

This past weekend, I left you for the first time.  I went to get my hair done, so I was gone for over 3 hours.  I left you in the swing, and had 2 bottles of milk waiting for you.  I kept texting your daddy for updates, but he only replied that you were sleeping.  When I left the salon, Daddy texted that you were still sleeping!  Our "plan" was for Daddy to get you to take a bottle while I was out.  So I decided to do a little shopping downtown, so that you'd have to take a bottle when you woke up.  Our "plan" didn't work.  I came home an hour later, and from where I stood taking my boots off in the garage, I could hear you crying. I rushed in and Daddy was holding you, with a bottle of milk in his hand. You were not happy.  I took you out of Daddy's arms and held you. It made me so sad to hear you cry.  Daddy assured me that you were fine, that you were not crying that hard. It is hard for me to leave you, but I know that we're going to have to get you on a bottle very soon.  (Get ready! You may even like it.)




You are a good baby, and I'm enjoying you so much.  I love your smiles and coos. These months have flown by quickly, and I know the next months will as well.  I am here for you, my little squishy. 
Love,
Mommy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment