Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kickin' it old school



This week, the weather has been...meh.  Cold, rainy and windy.  We have spent the afternoons indoors. And that means that this mommy has got two crazy, cooped up toddlers on her hands.  

Tuesday afternoon, I made paper snowflakes with Bode while Nico and Gianna napped. Bode loved it.  He thought it was the neatest thing ever.  I had a lot of fun with him. It was a great way to spend a (quiet) hour with my firstborn.





There are a ton of tutorials online for different holiday crafts. But this was easy and convenient because we had the tools right here (white paper, scissors).  Please do not call or email me to warn me of the hazards of a child with scissors. I did all the cutting myself, and was very cautious about keeping the scissors out of his reach.



Speaking of hazards, on Wednesday, my firstborn came home from school looking like this:


It looked a lot more red and angry when I first saw him.  In fact, when I first saw him, my heart skipped a beat because I thought it was blood.  I think he took off  the first layer of skin falling down on the playground. I think. His details are sketchy.  

And speaking of old school crafts, this is what he did at school that day:



He was very proud of his popcorn garland.  His teacher said that he is a whiz with a needle and thread. Her exact word was "meticulous."  So I guess despite being kind of klutzy on the playground, Bode Wm has a possible future in textiles. Or maybe Christmas decor? Or bird feeding?

On Thursday, we put up the Charlie Brown tree in the playroom. There are currently 212 ornaments lying about in various places in the playroom, mixed in with cars, Legos and crayons. And maybe 3 ornaments actually on the Christmas tree. I'm trying hard to not let it get to me.  I'm trying really hard to be all, "Fa la la la...laaaa" about the whole thing and not yell about taking the tree down if the ornaments don't stay on it. 

And that was the biggies of our week.   
Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment