Thursday, May 23, 2013

The week so far

When I wrote the post title, I wrote, "Friday" because I thought today was Friday!  It has been a slow week, but busy. Here are some little details about our week so far:



On Monday, I took Gianna to the park after dropping Bode off at school. She was ecstatic to be swinging in the park. She was so happy, it made my heart hurt a little bit. It made me think that I need to do more for her. At the park, I  talked to a lady visiting from San Diego. When I told her that we had moved from Los Altos Hills, she actually said, "I know it well. My husband went to Berkeley, and we visit the area often."  She sympathized (without my even saying anything, I swear!) that it might be a hard adjustment living here. In the afternoon, it was business as usual:  playing outside in our yard until it was time to go in for dinner!



On Tuesday, we got water at the Saratoga State Spa Park ("Spa park"). Bode and Gianna love going to the springs and just filling up bottle after bottle after bottle.  It is a good activity for them. It teaches a little about our natural resources, they count (we filled 11 gallon jugs),  and helps with fine motor skills (opening and closing caps).  Note: Gianna's leg is all red because she and Bode were "painting" each other with sidewalk chalk before we left for the park!



On Tuesday afternoon, my friend C came over. She just had a baby! It is baby #2, so there is a bit of a transition. I know, going from 1 baby to 2 babies is a bit overwhelming at first!  C also has a 2 year old, so it takes me back to when Bode was almost 2 and Gianna was born! C is already getting out with the 2 babies on her own, and the baby is only 1 month old, so I think she's doing great!  We stayed outside and talked about the "transition" while the bigger babies ran around the yard.  I was really worried about having Baby Envy when she said that she'd visit us.  (I mean, just look at how tiny that baby is)  But luckily, it never happened.  I have my own wee one to cuddle right now (even though he is not so wee anymore).


On Wednesday, Bode and I had a shared chiro appointment.  I had a sitter so that I wouldn't have to take everyone out. I picked Bode up from school and we went out on a lunch date before our appointment. It was so nice to have alone time with Bode. I miss him so much.  It may be hard to believe that I actually "miss" him, because I see him every day. But having alone time with him is very special.  I can focus completely on him, and we talk about things without all the other noise and activity around us.  I took him out for pepperoni pizza. He likes to eat all of the pepperoni off the pizza, and then maybe he'll take a bite or two of the rest.


This morning, everyone just happened to be wearing blue. So I pulled out my camera for some snaps.  Then I noticed Gianna's hair.  I suggested we go for haircuts, and of course, these adorable monkeys were game!  I don't have photos of them post-haircut but I'm sure I will in a few days!

And that brings us to Thursday.  We have had a rainy week, with lots of thunderstorms. We've been getting outside when it has not been raining so hard or when the sun pops out. Tomorrow, no plans but to relax!
Happy almost-Friday to you.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment