Friday, June 21, 2013

First day of summer!



We kicked off the first official day of summer by going downtown to the carousel.  Today is its official opening day. We got there too early.  I have lost my phone. So I asked a man, who was painting the sign outside the carousel (the age & height requirements), for the time.  He told me that it was 10:30.  We had half an hour to wait. I suggested that we walk up to Starbucks for a coffee/treat.  But Gianna would not budge.


I promised her that we would come back when it opened. But she just clung tightly to the bricks.  I started walking off without her, strolling Nico with Bode at my heels. But Gianna ignored us. So we turned back. We stood and waited. And waited. And waited.  

Finally, the little carousel worker bees (and more kids) showed up.  I got in the queue to buy tokens. Then came the fun part: getting the two toddlers on the carousel horses while wearing a baby.  The thing is, these carousel worker bees are not pleasant (despite being two grandmotherly-looking types). They are often rude.  (My brother will vouch for this rudeness, as he experienced it first-hand, twice.) So when I asked the lady if I could roll my stroller (carrying my baby!) into the carousel, she said No.  N-O.  So I put Nico into the Ergo, and raced after Bode and Gianna, who had already got onto the carousel and were standing impatiently by their chosen horses, ready to ride.  I hoisted them up there, not very gracefully. I apologized to Nico for squishing him while picking up his siblings. 

I did not get any pictures of the babies on the carousel. I had to stand in between Bode and Gianna for safety reasons (of course) and so my hands were busy. Plus, I was wearing Nico.  Bode and Gianna were wearing great smiles during the carousel ride! They were very happy.

Afterwards, we walked a little bit and then had ice cream at Ben & Jerry's.  You have to have a cold treat on the first  official day of summer, right?! It must be in the rules.

I love Nico's smiling face here!

Since she was a baby, she's loved ice cream. 

Bode is a very cautious ice cream eater.

"Ben & Jerry"



I want one of these swings. They are so relaxing (except when you have two toddlers jumping around  like monkeys).  Actually, I wouldn't want this monstrosity in my yard.  So I'll just have to pop down here for a relaxing swing and some ice cream.  (wink)

What is on your summer to-do list?  We've crossed off two items today!
Happy Summer!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment