Wednesday, June 5, 2013

School's out for....Bode!




Before school ended for summer, Bode's class had a picnic in the park (across the street from his school).  It was a pretty crazy time for me before the picnic, involving feeding a baby, getting myself dressed, cutting up a watermelon, and a last-minute errand, when I got a call from a mom for help with the teachers' gifts. 


Miss Amy and Nico



We arrived late, and Bode was thrilled to see us.  "There's my mommy!" he announced, much like he did at the Mother's Day Tea (where I had also arrived late).  Again, there were chuckles from other parents.  After some time, Miss Amy approached me and asked, "Since this is the last day of school, do you think I could hold this beautiful baby?" (meaning Nico, of course, since he was the only baby present) She walked around, holding Nico, for a very long time.  Nico knows her, in that she always talks to him at drop off and pick up. So I think that Miss Amy has been waiting for the opportunity to hold Nico for awhile!



Bode, Derek and Gianna


The park has a sprinkler area.  A couple of moms had brought swimsuits for their daughters.  I didn't think that the sprinkler would be turned on, so I hadn't even given this any thought.  That did not stop my son and daughter from running in, around and over and over this sprinkler!  They had a blast, as did all the children (who also joined in, fully clothed).  

We love Miss Amy, Bode's teacher.  She is a gentle, loving person who just seems to give everyone  that she encounters respect and her full attention.  I am curious to know how much time passes before Bode asks about Miss Amy! She has been his teacher for 2 years now, and I know that her gentle ways are a balm for Bode on his school days. 

Miss Amy Lee, and Miss Amy looking at the scrapbooks

Like last year, the children decorated scrapbook pages for their teachers.  Each child had 2 pages with photos of himself, and was tasked with decorating the pages any way he wanted.  Bode wrote his name (he's really into writing his name everywhere these days!) and plastered the pages with stickers of planets, stars and moons. 

As a going away present, Miss Amy gifted Bode a very special necklace that she made for him.  She explained to me that she had picked out special charms for each child.  She winked, and said, "When you see Bode's, you will know..."


He loves it.


When it was time to leave, Miss Amy gave me a hug and a kiss, sadly saying, "I love you all..."  I swallowed the lump in my throat and said, "We will see you next year. Remember, you have Gianna!"

We will miss going to preschool, and we will miss Miss Amy and Miss Amy Lee. But, as I said to Miss Amy, we will see her next year.  And Mr. Bode Wm will have a whole new adventure at a new school,  with new teachers, as a KINDERGARTNER!

But first, let's enjoy the summer.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment