Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday

Today Gianna had gymnastics. It was her last class, but the first class that Bode has ever been in attendance (because he is usually in school).  I was worried about Bode wanting to participate, and being jealous that Gianna got to do something that he didn't get to do.  I set him up on the bleachers with my iPhone, and Nico in his car seat nearby.  All went well until halfway through the class, when Bode caught my eye.  I smiled at him and waved.  He yelled, "Mommy!  I want to be with youuuuu, Mommy! I want to be with youuuuu and Giannnna!"  He sounded pathetic, abandoned. But I knew that he was okay. (And, he was not alone, as there was another little girl in the bleachers waiting for her sib to finish up her class.) I put my index finger up, as in "one more minute" and then turned my attention back to Gianna.  After that, I didn't hear anything from Bode. As we were leaving the gym, I thought, "That went well!"  And then.  Then we exited the building. Big crocodile tears from Master Bode Wm.  "I want to do gymnastics!" he whined "Please! I want to do it, too!"  He was so sad.  Big tears spilled down his little face. I suggested that we all get a treat instead.  

The thing is, I tried to get them both into gymnastics this morning. Today was sign up day for the next session.  It is very competitive and difficult to get into the program.  Sign up opened at 7 AM.  I woke up at 6, but remembered that RWF was going to sign them up for swimming (first).  So I fed Nico, and then went to the computer to sign up for gymnastics. It was 7:12 AM. Waitlist only!  Bah.  I'm so mad at myself.  

At least they are both in swimming, right?  Swimming is a life skill. This is more important. (I tell myself this so I won't feel as bad about gymnastics!)

And this one:


He is doing his own gymnastics these days. He gets around by scooting, flipping, and turning himself this way and that. And I shut my eyes to it. I tell myself that I don't see him moving around. I tell myself he is not thisclose to crawling.  I tell myself that I don't know how he got from one end of the room to the other.  

I just don't know.

Happy Tuesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment