Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nico: crawling



Let's make it official: Nico is crawling!

Last night, after watching him scoot around on the floor in a half-crawl, half-leg-bent crab walk, I decided that, yeah, he's crawling.  And then I said, "No, wait...it's not really happening...not yet." I turned my back on him, and I went about getting everyone ready for bed.  And then Bode Wm started yelling excitedly, "He's crawling! Nico is crawling!"  And so I thought, "Okay. I guess he is crawling." Hard to deny it when your 4 year old can clearly see what you see (but you are trying desperately not to see).

Nico was playing a little game in the dining room while we ate dinner. He'd throw a spoon and then crawl after it.  He did this forever. So I pulled out the video camera. By that time, he had tired of the game.  And, I don't want to post the video because Bode and Gianna are running in and out of the frame, in their undies! (It rained all day. Then it stopped for a 20 minute window right before dinner. So we went out and played in the puddles. They ditched their wet clothes when we came back inside.)

I did take some snaps after their baths.  I put my camera lens on the floor and let Nico continue his "throw and crawl" game while I snapped some shots.








Now I have to go crawl on all fours around this entire house, to see what Nico can see (and get at). My life just got a whole lot scarier/busier/crazier, now that I have a mobile baby!
Congratulations to Nico!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment