Sunday, October 30, 2011

Photo dump

Here are this week's pictures:

On Tuesday afternoon, the owner of  the babysitting agency came by to personally apologize to me about the awful babysitter we had.  She brought beautiful pink lilies!


I have given up on cooking here.  We eat out a lot. There are a lot of Italian restaurants in our neighborhood.  Gianna loves eating pasta. I love her "pasta face" when she is eating. 


This was the view from our kitchen window Thursday night. I really enjoyed watching the sky change from blue to this brilliant pink.


On Friday, I braved the Berlin traffic and took the babies to Legoland.  It was a hit with both of them. This is (obviously) a giant giraffe made entirely of Legos in Potsdamer Plotz.  There are several interesting Lego sculptures inside.  Every Legoland has a "master builder" on site, who just builds all day. Imagine that being your day job!

Bode got a "souvenir" from Legoland. What did he pick? A car, of course.


On Friday afternoon, we picked Daddy up from work early and went straight to the park before dinner. 


On Saturday, we drove to Potsdam.  It is such a quaint, lovely town!  I wish we could spend more time there.  We had a beautiful day there. We spent a lot of time in a park watching Gianna walk and Bode run.  

We stopped at the bakery in our neighborhood before driving to Potsdam.

The leaves were yellow, and with the sunlight, everything had a golden hue. I loved it.


Gianna walks!


This is our last week here in Berlin.  And we've heard that the Northeast has been hit with a massive winter storm.  Since we are headed to New York very soon, I was not surprised by this news.  I can't wait to get home to CA, enjoy our house and some good weather one last time.
Halloween is tomorrow! It is one of my favorite holidays.  There's no sign of life around here, which bums me out.  A few stores have pumpkins, but there's nothing else "Halloween" that I have seen.   Have a Happy Halloween!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment