Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Amusements

Sunday, RWF pulled out the sandbox, thinking that maybe the children need more things to do while we are in the yard.  My reaction was, "Meh...."  but then I watched Gianna play in the (empty) sandbox and thought better of it:





I love taking the babies to the bookstore.  Right now, we're in love with anything written by Mo Willems. We all crack up at his hilarious stories. We have a million books at home, but I can't leave the bookstore without buying at least 1 (or 3).  This week, we brought home, "There is a Bird on Your Head" (an Elephant and Piggie story). I think I laughed the most while we read it. 





And of course, no visit to the bookstore is complete without a stop at the cafe for a treat.

We also went to the Children's Museum.  With our rainy weather, it  has been crazy busy in there.  This visit, we left without visiting the art room, and Bode threw a royal fit outside when he realized that we were leaving without any craft time.  He has never acted like this before.  I took him home and put him straight to bed for a nap.  He slept for a solid 2 hours.  I think he is exhausted from last week's events, and is slowly catching up on much needed sleep.

Gianna loves the bandstand (making music).

Seeing what creepy-crawlies live underground. Euuw!

Inside the bubble maker.


And finally, we are taking Priscilla to the dog park these days.  She is completely traumatized by the lake flies (I call them horseflies).  She refuses to leave the house, and is just miserable all-around.  Sunday we discovered that the dog park is a good alternative.  There are no flies there, and we can all enjoy a trail walk together. 

I am really worried about P.  She is so down, and all she does is sleep on her bed all day.  I hope that a daily visit to the dog park will lift her spirits.  Hang on, P! 



See ya.



And that is our week so far.  I have some thoughts about the end of the week, to celebrate Gianna's birthday. The weather is supposed to be super-hot (90s) so we decided to nix our outdoor plans completely.  We'll celebrate, indoors and with food!
Happy Wednesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment