Monday, June 11, 2012

The weekend in photos, and news for Bode and Gianna

I think on Friday evening, I just collapsed in our bed and didn't fully recover at all.  I was 'off' all weekend.  I was impatient with my Mexican jumping bean of a son, and my needy, lap-sitting, 30 pound heater.  I was hot, uncomfortable and had little energy for anything but lying around on my bed or couch.  Sloth!

I did manage to make Sunday dinner. More on that later.

On Saturday, I took a non-nap-taking Bode to the bookstore for some mommy & me time.  He is so much fun.  I loved being alone with him. We went to the train table but he only wanted to look at books! I bought him a book and he was thrilled, reading it as we walked out of the store and all the way to our car.  (Note to Aunt Melinda:  Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!, a fun book that we all enjoyed for our bedtime story hour.)









I had a little alone time with Gianna, too.  She put on my necklace and we played on the bed. (Are you sensing a theme here?  Yes, it was difficult for me to migrate away from my bed this weekend. I tried to lie down as much as possible.)



My mom is so boring.


On Sunday, we told Bode and Gianna about the new little brother that was coming.  I really wanted to wait until about 2 weeks before the baby's arrival. I just didn't want to tell them too soon.  But my huge stomach is constantly bumping into Bode, and I know that he is wondering about it.  A couple of weeks ago, Bode did something new, and I knelt down, hugged him and said, "You are getting so big!" He looked up at me and said, "So are you, Mommy. You are getting soooo big, too!"  I took that as a sign that we needed to talk, soon.  So, RWF and I discussed and decided to tell them this weekend. I was soooo nervous. I had no idea how they would react. Their reaction was basically "no reaction."  Gianna had absolutely no reaction, and didn't even seem to hear the "big news" while she drank her ba-ba and flipped through a book. Not surprising...she's a little young. Bode listened to us tell him about the baby, and then he asked when the "girl" would get here.  We told him that it wasn't a girl, but a boy.  We told him that he would be a big brother to a boy.  After a few more comments, he asked, "Can we read a book now?"  Sure thing, sweetie.   

I wish this weekend was longer.  It went by so fast. And of course, I'm now regretting my belly-aching about (lack of) sleep and no energy. At least I got to spend it with the people I love!  I am extremely grateful for that.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment