Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hello, hello! Are you happy?

Despite his lackluster response on Sunday, Bode has been quite enthusiastic these past two days about his baby brother.  He is so enthusiastic, he often runs up to me, lifts my shirt and yells, "Hello! Hello! Are you happy?" to my belly, or, rather, to his baby brother.  This was not the kind of response that I was expecting.  And, as I am quite modest, I don't like my shirt being lifted up at random.

He has decided that his brother's name is "Nichoras" (Nicholas), and don't even try to tell him that might not be the case. Yesterday morning over breakfast, he asked me what the baby's name is, and I replied that we had a long time to decide.  I suggested that we make a list of names we like, and gave a few names for example. But he said, very matter-of-fact, "No. His name is Nichoras." From that point on, he has referred to the baby as, "Nichoras." He also yells, "Herro, Nichoras!" (Hello, Nicholas!) at assorted times to my belly, too. 

Last night, when we were reading bedtime stories, he found an ad on the back of one of my magazines that had a baby boy (all in blue) pictured.  Bode asked, "Whose little baby brother is dis?"  I told him that I did not know.  And he said, "I have a baby brother, too. His name is Nichoras!" I reminded him that he also has a baby sister named Gianna, who thinks that Bode is the best brother, ever.

Sometimes, when he lifts my shirt, he says, "Whoah, that is BIG."  I think he is surprised. He's not the only one. 

This morning, he asked, "When is the baby going to pop out?"  I laughed out loud and replied, "Uhm, he's not going to "pop out."  And he isn't going to be here for a long time."

Bode's enthusiasm is cute (and contagious).  But I think I'll relax more when the pulling-up-of-my-shirt and yelling at my belly ceases for awhile.

Another trick up Bode's sleeve:



When I put Gianna down for a nap, Bode is supposed to stay in his room for "quiet time."  He is now sneaking into Gianna's room, climbing up on the changing table and terrorizing her with growling sounds before she can fall asleep.  When I walk in, he says, "Oh, hi, Mommy. We were just playing monsters."  Really?  Because I'm 100% sure that Gianna would love to nap (alone) right now.

So, somehow, I've got to nip this activity in the bud. And, do I remove the changing table altogether? I can't have him climbing on it. I guess that is going to have to go into storage for now (storage = our unused guest bedroom that is suddenly a holding area for all things baby).

Yesterday, when he was in Gianna's room, he also helped himself to one of her tulle skirts.  After the monster explanation, he further explained, "I put on this green skirt. I'm a bararina." (ballerina)  Hmm, a tutu wearing monster. How sweet. 

After Gianna (not) napped, they got up and had a dance recital of sorts.




And then the Lovely G had to take a break, to eat a banana and catch up on her phone calls.





Today, since it is raining (again), we went to the Children's Museum.

Bode was the train conductor/driver and Gianna was the (unwelcoming) ticket taker.

All aboard!

Geez, could you just look at the passengers at least? Smile?


Play-Doh

Construction zone
Tonight, I am taking the night off from cooking! (Yay!)  I really want to cook dinner  (most) every night for my family. But I have had a hard time dredging up any enthusiasm or energy for the task lately. I did buy a new cookbook, and it has helped me in the motivation department (a little). More on that later.

Since RWF has a business dinner tonight, I decided to take the night off.  I'm thinking pizza, or maybe burritos...two items that my gluten-free husband does not enjoy.  Why not take advantage of the opportunity to eat something yummy, right?  I know that Bode and Gianna will be on board.

Hello, hello! Are you happy?  
We certainly hope so!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment