Friday, June 1, 2012

Number 3 on the Summer List

We made our Summer List over Memorial Day weekend. I have yet to publish it, but it is sitting on our kitchen counter as a constant reminder.  Number 3 on the Summer List was to ride the carousel in Congress Park.  The carousel opened a couple of weekends ago.  Every time I drove by, it was mobbed with people.

Today was to be our carousel day.  

But first, we stopped for ice cream.



Bode picked "cotton candy" and I'm sure the only reason he picked it was because it is blue.  I selected plain ol' vanilla for Miss Mia.  She had no complaints about that.





Then we walked over to Congress Park.  The carousel was not moving and there was nobody around. I was afraid that it was closed.  But no, they were just waiting for us to show up.  We got our own private carousel ride.  Pretty sweet.



My pics are kind of blurry because I was holding Gianna with one arm while trying to snap pics with my other hand.




After the ride ended, they both had that look in their eyes, saying, "Let's do that again!"  I wavered, but then decided that I didn't want to start something like that. I was worried that I would be calling RWF at 8 PM, saying, "Help! I'm stuck on the carousel!" Luckily, one of the people running the ride announced loudly that we needed to leave through the exit door.  As we left, the man gave Bode and Gianna stickers.  The stickers say "I rode the carousel at Congress Park."


Then we walked through the park to check on Gianna's ducks.  (I think she considers them "her" ducks.)










Everyone left happy.
Hope your Friday was fab!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment