Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Friday, I'm in love

It's Friday, and I'm in love with...




this boy!  Bode trial'ed Kindergarten today.  It went well, I think.  When I picked him up from school, I swear he looked 5 years older than when I dropped him off this morning.



I'm in love with...




this girl!  Gianna is such a sweet pea. She is always saying, "I love you, mama." Then again, she can burn me so quick. The other day, I was hugging her and asked, "Did you have a good-good day?" and she said, "Yes!" and so I pressed, "What made it such a good-good day?" and she responded, "Jackren was here!"  Ouch. Jacquelyn is our baby sitter.  I felt like Gianna had just knifed me in the back with that response.

I'm in love with...



this baby!  Nico had his first big fever and cold this week. It has been so rough!  This poor little guy has fluid in his ears, a horrible cough and terrible congestion. The pediatrician made me feel worse by explaining that Nico was throwing up because he is "probably nauseous from all the mucous." (I know that you wanted to read that. You're welcome.)  It just breaks my heart that he is only 4 months old and has already had a big sickness.  The pediatrician also said that Bode will be bringing home lots of "stuff" from school. I wish I could feel so matter-of-fact about it.  After this incident, I will have a hard time taking my children anywhere!

This week, with Nico being sick, I have dozed/sat in our green chair, and RWF dozed/lied on our sofa, while Nico would sit in his swing in our living room. Nico didn't sleep, so Mommy and Daddy didn't sleep either. I look longingly at our bed every time I change Nico's diaper. It is funny how you get to a point in sleep deprivation where you would give anything to just sleep in your bed.  At least, that is where I was this week. 

The entire family has been sick over the past 2 weeks. I know that we are not unique in this situation.  But UGH! it has been so hard. 

Stay healthy and warm!
xo

1 comment: