Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Promises, promises



Today is a snow day.  Bode's school is closed. So Bode got to do what Bode loves most:  hang out in his Lightening McQueen pajamas all morning doing whatever strikes his fancy (cars, cars, and more cars).

I actually took charge of the morning and suggested a few activities. The first thing we did (by unanimous agreement) was to bake banana bread. We found a great new recipe last week, and I've been dreaming about it ever since. Today was the perfect day to whip up a loaf. After Bode, Gianna and I had mixed up the ingredients and put the loaf in the oven, it was only 9:39 AM.  "Oh, boy," I thought. "What now?"


We have used up all of our plain art paper. But I had set aside some packing material used in one of our recent shipments.  So I pulled it out, taped it to the floor, and then pulled out some of our art supplies.  The children had a blast painting and coloring for over an hour. By then, our banana bread was ready to be eaten.  We enjoyed a small snack of banana bread and milk. The banana bread was delicious.  We toasted our success.  Bode suggested that we shout "Teamwork!" together. So we did that a few times. 

Then we read a few books. After that, I put both Nico and Gianna down for a nap.  Bode is currently coloring in the playroom.  I love listening to his little narrative while he plays. He has dialogue between cars, dialogue between himself and his little body, or he will just sing a happy little tune.


After naps, we are making chocolate chip cookies.  I promised. Hopefully that will eat up most of the afternoon.  I have a goal not to turn on the television today. Lately, I have overheard Bode saying "PBS dot ORG" just like on TV. Ooops. How embarrassing. It would feel nice to not resort to a cartoon educational program to entertain the children. But I am making no promises!
Don't forget to leave a comment here for the giveaway! There's some fun little stuff in the mix to brighten your day, I promise!
Happy Wednesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment