Friday, February 22, 2013

It's Friday, I'm in love

It has been a crazy week (again).  Bode was on Winter Break from school.  It is called a "Winter Break," but it is not a break from the winter weather. We had planned to visit Nana this week. But the weather prevented us from hitting the road.  Hopefully we will be able to visit soon.

This week, we were very low key.  

We made banana bread. We are enjoying it.  But more than that, I love baking with my babies.  The babies got pizza from Mama Mia's twice this week.  We ate cookies in bed while reading stories. It was definitely a week where I relaxed food rules, and it was fun. I loved not stressing about what to make for dinner, or how many fruits/veggies Bode and Gianna have eaten (or not eaten).

We also watched TV.  Aunt Dawnie sent us the classic "Cinderella."  Gianna was very scared by the cat.  She came running to me and refused to leave my side.  So I sat with her for a bit and talked about how it is "just" a cartoon. But then, I forget that her little brain doesn't work like mine does. TV is 'real' in her world. She loved watching Cinderella turn into a princess.  I love how the mice say, "Cinderelly." 


We went for haircuts this week, too, since Bode's hair was in his eyes.  I asked him how he wanted his hair done and he said, "Very short."  So that's what we told the hair stylist. The hair stylist complied, with clippers.  



I really prefer his hair on the longer side. I'm not a fan of the "boy cut." But I think Bode should choose how his hair is done. I always love seeing his smile.

It's been over three weeks, and I love seeing this baby's skin clear up.  He looks so much better. I miss drinking my Starbuck's mocha, and miss eating all things cheese, but I can live without.  I love seeing this little guy's head free of rash and scratches.


On Sunday, it is my blog anniversary, or "blogoversary." I missed last year! So this year, I'm celebrating twice, so to speak. I have some fun things planned. Stay tuned!
Happy Friday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment