Monday, March 18, 2013

Gianna swims



Okay, so finally! Finally!  My sweet girl is getting out there and doing stuff. I felt so bad, earlier, because it seems like she's always stuck at home. Now, there are things on the calendar for Miss Mia Gianna.

On Mondays, she has a playdate with her friend Berkeley. On Tuesdays, she has the gym class at the Y (and this time around, there are 3 other girlies in the class).  And on Saturdays, her very favorite, she goes swimming with her daddy.  Hooray!

On Saturday, I snapped these pics of RWF and Gianna at the pool.  They aren't the best pics. But you can see how happy Gianna is to be swimming.  I stood there, smiling, and watched her, with tears in my eyes. It was so great to see her so happy.





The photos are cloudy because I snapped them through glass.  I had Nico and Bode with me. So we were standing outside the pool area. Here is the deal:  RWF takes Bode to soccer at 8:00. Then, at 9:30, Gianna has swim lessons. This means that I take Gianna to the Y at 9:15, suit her up, and then RWF and I 'switch' children.  I take Bode (and Nico) to Starbucks for a treat. Gianna swims with Daddy.  Good deal, right?  

Bode doesn't think so.  He wants to go to soccer AND to swimming. He always acts like he's being duped, cheated, misunderstood. I've tried explaining the deal to him but it doesn't matter. You can't reason with a toddler. He stands there and cries these big crocodile tears. It is so sad (and frustrating).

A not-so-happy little guy
By the time we get to Starbuck's, he's okay. He's moved on and is ready to order.  But still, I think to myself, "How are we going to do this moving forward? How do we juggle 3 kids, 3 activities?" We don't have to worry about Nico for awhile. But there are so many outlets that we want to give our children (if they want to do them). It's kind of mind boggling to think of the shuttling everyone around. Ai-yi-yi. 
On that note, have a happy Monday!
xo

2 comments:

  1. May I ask what you get the little ones at Starbucks? Luke goes with me sometimes and I never know what to get him, other than milk. Boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi,
    Well, my first suggestion would be to not even start the 'treats' at Starbucks! It is a slippery slope. I think the milk is a treat in itself. I know that Bode and Gianna enjoy getting the milk out of the clear Starbuck's cup, with the big green straw. They feel 'big' or like the grown ups. As far as a snack, we started out (when Bode was young and Gianna was a baby) getting them those squeezable fruit pouches for a treat. Also, Bode liked getting a bagel and cream cheese.
    Then, I made the mistake of sharing a scone one day. And ever since, Bode has eaten scones! Not the best 'snack' for a toddler. I wish I could change it but now I can't. Actually, now that I am off dairy, I don't frequent Starbucks. So that has cut down on sweets. (the last time we went, I didn't order anything for myself...which is a first!)
    What about keeping a baggie or snack pack of Goldfish or similar in your purse, and only giving them to Luke when you're at Starbucks or out and about? That way, it will be special.
    HAS

    ReplyDelete