Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wee Irish lass and laddies

We had a very quiet St. Patrick's Day.  I have to admit that I've been kind of 'off' on holidays lately. I think I am a bit sad, thinking about my mother. This year (and last, I guess) I haven't felt very motivated.  Then again, it could be the chunk of a baby that I've carried around with me these almost 6 months.

While RWF and Bode skied, Gianna and I decided to bake.  I looked through some Irish Soda Bread recipes. Then I found this super easy "Irish Lace Cookies" recipe on epicurious. It was so simple and the ingredient list so short that I knew we had to try it.    They were good straight out of the oven.  But after they cool and crisped up, I wasn't such a fan. Plus, the sugar gave me an instant headache.  I don't think Gianna liked them that much either. She ate two, but never asked for more after that. 




Speaking of cookies, this little guy looks like he eats a bunch!  What a chunk. A delicious, gooey chunk of baby is what he is...nom, nom.




He's got a spot of rash on his forehead because I ate an egg the other day. I was just testing to see if the egg would do anything. I don't know...rash appears so I'm thinking yes?  Anyone? 

I was looking at pictures of Bode, wearing this same exact onesie when he was 6 months old.  These two are still very similar. If you put (a lot of) brown hair on Nico, he and 6 month old Bode would look a lot alike, I think. I need to post the two photos together.

And here's my wee lad that first made me a mother. He has stolen my heart, this one. I am so lucky!!! 




Enjoying an apres-ski snack of milk and banana bread
That pile of toys over there is an "airport" according to Bode Wm.
After being underwhelmed by the Irish Lace Cookies, we made banana bread.  It did not disappoint.  Bode came home from skiing and was able to enjoy the banana bread with us. After he ate, he disappeared into the playroom for an hour.  Then he walked into the kitchen where RWF and I were talking and said, "Hey guys, I have made a wonderful discovery. Come rook (look)."  So we followed him to the playroom where this huuuuge pile of LEGOs, cars, blocks, stuffed animals, books...basically everything out of the bins...awaited us.  We looked at him for explanation.  "It's an airport." he said.  "Ohhhh." we said.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment