Sunday, March 24, 2013

The weekend



Dude, I am so sick of the snow and crummy, crummy weather. Everyone is talking about SPRING! "Spring!" "Spring has sprung!" "New Spring clothes,"etc. People are posting ridiculous pictures of themselves in short sleeves, with the sun blazing above them. Pictures that make me grouch. No Spring here. Not here!!! After a big snow dump last week, we are still covered in snow and experiencing temps in the 30s and wind. Wind, you are not my friend.  Upstate New York, you are not my friend.


And then I read this Tweet: Spring: Winter Part 2.  I'm sorry, but I do not know who authored that Tweet. And if you could review my "History" in my iPhone and Mac, you'd understand why it would be a long process to find that source.  I do not take credit for it, so hopefully that will suffice.

I've been trying to figure out why I've hated this winter so much. Why have I struggled, and moaned, every single day over the weather?  I've decided that it is very hard to have a baby in this type of weather. I don't want to bring Nico out in the cold. Therefore, I'm 'stuck' inside a lot. A LOT. Yesterday, after arguing with RWF about whether it was too cold for Nico to be outside, I brought Nico out. It was a bit windy, but Nico was warm in his down snowsuit. I took him out for 15 minutes, which I thought was long enough to get a blast of fresh air but not so long that his little eyeballs, nose and mouth would freeze. (If you must know, RWF was "for" bringing Nico out, and I was "against")  The other thing I'm struggling with is the lack of sun.  It is crazy how the sun does not shine here. I never minded overcast days WHEN I LIVED IN TEXAS or CALIFORNIA.  Because in TEXAS and CALIFORNIA, overcast days are few and far between. But here, it is a regular occurrence. And it really is a drag.  

But enough about me. 

Keepin' it real with the (clean) laundry in the background



Bode is such a great big brother to Nico. He plays with him and makes him smile.  And I like that Bode will entertain Nico in the mornings while I make my much-needed coffee.  

The boys, before they go skiing. I guess that this is one reason we live here? Skiing? Wait. We can live on the West Coast and ski, too. 



Hope that your weekend is lovely, and that you have sunshine in your corner.
xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous baby girl (((((Gianna))))) love you.

    ReplyDelete