Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mia Gianna - Big Girl Now

I am big girl, hear me roar....

Gianna is using le toilette (please pronounce with a Frenchy accent).  We went out a couple of weeks ago and bought big girl underpants.  She has been going strong, with just a few accidents. She is so determined. She has this "resolved" in her head that she is a "big girl" now, and doesn't need diapers.  There is a little resistance at night when I put a night time diaper on her.  But I just (gently) explain that when she is sleeping, her body "forgets" to wake up and use the potty.  

Hip, hip, HOORAY! for Miss Mia Gianna.


We also got a call from the school, and they will be setting up an appointment for her to "trial" a school day soon.  She will also get to meet her teacher. This does not worry me in the least because Gianna already knows her teacher.  It is Bode's teacher! So that works out well.  I will be curious to know how Gianna does at school the first time. I kind of don't want her to "trial" at the school, because I think once she trials there, she'll just want to keep going to school. I think she will walk through that door and never look back (at me).  But who knows.


Gianna has also stopped napping.  This is very disappointing for me.  I really need (memememe) the break of at least one child sleeping upstairs.  But these days, she does not willingly walk upstairs for a nap. I have to coax her upstairs while she protests that she wants to stay downstairs and "pway" with Bode. But I win, and she goes upstairs and "pways" (loudly) in her crib. I will keep her in a nap routine for as long as I can.  You might remember that I did the same for Bode!


I'm still going strong on the no dairy, no nuts, no eggs, and no soy.  Sometimes I think of a food that I want to eat, and then just as quickly, remember that I can't eat it because it contains cheese, or another "no-no."  (And yes, I realize I can leave cheese off, but it's really the *cheese* in the dish that I want, if you know what I mean.) At some point, I am going to reintroduce certain foods to see if there is any reaction from Master Nico.  But for now, I want to give my body a chance to clean out, and for Nico to recover fully.  The random shot of eggs, pictured above, are fresh eggs that we got this week. Fresh eggs, I love you. But sadly, I will just have to admire your pretty colors and not eat you. (and no, the eggs really have nothing to do with Gianna, except that she loves to eat them, hard-boiled.)

Nico is looking great. He is not scratching himself either.    It has been wonderful to see him clear of any redness and not scratching his little scalp.  He has, however, started waking up a lot during the night this week.   I am so tired. Last night, I waited for RWF to come home from work, and then, after exchanging a quick review of our days, I announced I was going to sleep. It was 8:15 PM.  I'm glad that I did, though.  Nico was up again at 10:32 PM.

Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday! Are you ready?  I've been putting the babies to bed early all week.  We will see if it helps.  I was getting excited for Spring, but tonight's forecast and tomorrow's forecast is snow and dreary cold.  It is currently nothing but grey skies and wind today.  It is so cold.   It's very hard for me to imagine that Spring is around the corner.


Now, if you will excuse me, I will begin crying over my baby girl turned Big Girl. No, really...I could honestly weep thinking of all the changes, and how Gianna is just on the fast-track to big girl now.
Happy Wednesday to you.  
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment